The submission is now officially opened.
The submission to “Computers & Fluid” is now opened. Please use article type “SI:12th OpenFOAM workshop” for the submission.
Based on peer review of the 3 page extended abstract, selected contributors have also been invited to contribute full papers to a Special Issue in the journal “Computers & Fluids”. This journal has an impact factor of 1.891, (© Thomson Reuters Journal Citation Reports 2016).
The criteria for selection are contributions that focus on
- (a) new methods/models (OpenFOAM being the framework) or
- (b) physical analysis (based on OpenFOAM simulations, with the usual validation level and new physical insights) or
- (c) pure validation of existing methods in OpenFOAM according the policy of Computers & Fluids for benchmark solutions.
Please refer to the guide for authors for detailed information on the submission process.
- There are no formatting requirements for the initial submission. Requirements only arise for the revised version. You are recommended to use the Elsevier article class cls to prepare your manuscript and BibTeX to generate your bibliography. Papers prepared with Word are also allowed.
- The full papers will be single-blind peer reviewed by at least two independent experts, in the normal manner for the journal. The invitation to submit a full paper is no guarantee of acceptance.
- The website “Computers & Fluids” provides a menu item “Submit Your Paper”; please use this to submit your papers.
- Choose article type “SI:12th OpenFOAM workshop” during the submission process.
- 24th -27th July, OpenFOAM Workshop in Exeter
- 15 September 2017: Paper Submission Deadline
- 25 November 2017: Reviews due
- 22 December 2017: Revisions due
- 23 February 2018: Final decisions